Our group is based in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Binghamton University, State University of New York (SUNY), Binghamton, NY.
Our research focuses on the mechanics and manufacturing of soft functional materials with tailored microstructures for desired mechano-physical properties. The targeting application areas include stretchable and wearable electronics, sensing and actuation, soft robotics, etc. Right now, we are actively working on the processing and modeling of soft conductive composites, especially those based on liquid metals. We are thrilled at discovering both new mechanics theories and novel materials. Our research has been funded by NSF, SBIR, IEEC and industry.
Opening: We have 1 PhD position (2024F) on simulation or experiment for soft functional materials. Please email Prof. Zhang to inquire.
Pu Zhang, Ph.D.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Binghamton University - SUNY
Binghamton, NY 13902
Office: ES1328 - ITC
Education & Employment
- Quang-Kha Nguyen, 2018-2023 (Kairos Power LLC, CA)
- Zihan Liu, 2020-2021 (PhD student at Binghamton Univ.)
- Fanghang Deng, 2019-2020 (Chongqing Jiaotong Univ.)
- Jay Zhang, 2018-2019 (Blue Origin, WA)
- Jessie Linamen, 2018 (Raymond Co, NY)
- Louis Dagobert, 2022
- Aidan Gangai, 2022 (Case Western Reserve Univ.)
- Chris Yoo, 2018 (Marotta Controls, NJ)
- Xin Shu, 2018-2020 (from Hunan Univ.)
- Brandon Orticke, 2019 (from Xavier Univ. of Louisiana)